MAIN NUMBER & HELP DESK 727-547-4575 ext. 237
TREASURE ISLAND BOAT RAMPS
Treasure Island has three public boat ramps, and they're especially busy on weekends and holidays. The ramps are at:
- 84th Avenue & Bayshore Drive, Sunset Beach (This ramp is closed until February 2015 for a drainage improvement project).
- 100th Avenue & Gulf Boulevard, Treasure Island
- 123rd Avenue & Lagoon Lane, Sunshine Beach
To move things along quickly, prepare your boat at the far end of parking lot. This includes installing transom plug, raising Bimini top, loading gear, placing fenders, readying dock lines, checking fuel, finding key and turning on battery switch. Once you are 100% ready, get your truck or car in line to use the ramp. When it’s your turn, back down the ramp, get your boat off the trailer and quickly move your truck or car to the parking lot. Someone on your boat should immediately start the boat’s engine and move it aside to the waiting dock (so the next person can immediately use the ramp.) Do not put your boat in the water, then prepare or load it while at the ramp. Remember to be well prepared and to know your launching/retrieving routine.
TREASURE ISLAND MARINA
- Boat Slip Rental with Lift - $15.00 per foot per month plus tax with a minimum of 28 feet
- Application Fee - $45.00 will be charged with each application for Boat Slip Rental. Fee will be applied to first month’s rent should the vessel be found in conformance and the applicant is offered a boat slip. Application fee will not be refunded should the boat fail inspection and not be offered a slip in the city marina.
- Transient Slip Rental - $5.00 per hour (metered)
- Security Deposit - equaling one current month’s slip rental plus twenty percent (20%) to cover electricity, sales tax and any other applicable charges.
CAUSEWAY BRIDGE OPENING TIMES
The Treasure Island Causeway Bridge can open three times an hour during the week and twice an hour on the weekends.
- The drawbridge opens from 7am to 7pm at the top of the hour, at :20 and at :40 Monday through Friday and at :15 and :45 on Saturday, Sunday and Federal holidays.
- Mariners can request a bridge opening by calling the bridgetender on VHF Channel 9.
- The Treasure Island Bridge is a double-leaf bascule bridge that provides a vertical clearance of 21 feet in the closed position.